One of the most satisfying parts of our business is knowing that we are supporting a base of GIS professionals and users in government, industry, non profits, and academia, many of them involved in building maps, webmaps, and apps to support their local communities in times of crisis. Many users of our Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online are from Federal, State, County and local governments, environmental agencies, and professionals in emergency response.
Thank-you to all those responding in times of crisis – we are glad to help or support any way we can, including getting you free access to some ArcGIS Online tools
In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, we’re seeing many agencies meeting the heavy demands of the population being placed on them for real-time and near real-time information, updates, and warnings. People in Texas and around the country need to know weather information, flood status, road closures, locations of shelters, and a host of other information in order to save lives and keep the population safe and informed.
For ArcGIS professionals charged with working on solutions to meet the demands being placed on them in this time of emergency and crisis, we’re reminding you of some of the Tools and workflows that can help in these specific times and are at your disposal with Admin tools for ArcGIS Online:
- Tagging Users – tag users (and items) according to area, agency, and other important meta information
- Email users – reach all your users quickly and easily about important data issues and updates
- Create and Manage Groups – build and manage teams working on specific tasks
- Bulk invite users to groups – create groups and get working as teams fast
- Migrate content from one org to another (cloning)
- and much more
These workflows are commonly required in such times and can greatly reduce time and effort placed on the Administrator
Note: about 90% of the full functionality are available in the Free Admin Tools, the remaining features accessible from the Pro Version (and Portal solution). For users and agencies needing immediate access to Pro functionality in order to respond to the recent emergencies in Texas and the surrounding areas, we’re pleased to make available Admin Tools Pro for free and as a courtesy to you. Please feel free to contact us directly about this to make arrangements. Reach us also on Twitter @geojobegis or via email to info at geo-jobe.com
To all the professionals, volunteers and others who are responding, volunteering, and supporting the response efforts in Texas, we applaud you and thank you all.
More useful information:
- 5 Must Have Tools That Every ArcGIS Online Administrator Will Need at Some Time
- The Top 10 Admin Tool Tasks Supporting ArcGIS Online Administrators
- See the Hurricane Harvey Living Atlas resource HERE
Other useful tasks you can leverage with admin Tools:
- Export Users to CSV – Admin Tools for ArcGIS℠ Online allows you to export as many Items, Groups, or Users as you want to an excel friendly format (.csv). You can edit the content in excel, or even add new content quickly & easily.
- Items Copy
- Items Clone
- Export Items to CSV
- Find and Replace Web Map Service URLs
- Delete Users
- Migrate Users
- Update User Esri Access
- Delete protection
I support the American Red Cross – A small $10 donation to help the people of Texas who are showing amazing strength https://t.co/38gpEecoaP
— Glenn Letham (@gletham) August 28, 2017