We previously touched on an update from Esri that informed us of an update coming for ArcGIS Online. Well, Esri has announced the latest update to the technology, thanks @bernszukaski for sharing details of this September 2017 release and new goodies with ArcGIS Online. The new capabilities in clustering are making waves and generating lots of noise!
According to Bern Szukalski of Esri, this is a relatively minor update, although, there are key new features, and enhancements throughout the ecosystem! We explore and share 10 new features you’ll find in ArcGIS Online:
- New symbol sets have been added for emergency management, local government, and state government
- You can now set a refresh interval to an image in a layer pop-up
- If your map has a layer with a large number of points, you can now configure clustering to make it easier to display and explore your data
- You can style point cloud layers directly in Scene Viewer using Smart Mapping
- Esri vector basemaps have been updated with the latest commercial data for North America, South America, and Europe
- World Imagery basemap has been updated with DigitalGlobe and Community Maps imagery for several countries
- enhanced keyboard navigation has been added to Story Map Journal. Keys can be used to navigate through the sections and around all the interactive elements
- With Web AppBuilder you can customize the look of your apps with configurable theme – see What’s new in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.
- Operations Dashboard has refreshed the functionality provided by dashboard items (beta). You can now author and share dashboard items from within a web browser
- Crowdsource Reporter now supports setting a comment period in which users can submit new reports, comments, or votes.
And there’s much more! See Bern’s blog post, What’s new in ArcGIS Online (Sept 2017)
Point Clustering in ArcGIS Online – WOW!
Interested in more ArcGIS Online article and Tips? See this archive
Recall, for more strategies and tools to help you work faster and smarter with ArcGIS Online, be sure to check out the Top app, Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online in the Marketplace.
- How to Clone Your Organization to Another with Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online
- A Primer on ArcGIS and Named User Levels and User Roles in ArcGIS Online
- Customize your Organization’s ArcGIS Online Experience with Mapfolio (free)
- see the What’s new help topic or ArcGIS blog posts specific to this release.
— Dave MacLean (@DaveAtCOGS) September 21, 2017