Are you thinking mobile? AppStudio for ArcGIS is THE tool that converts your maps into beautiful mobile apps for Mac, iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux. Using AppStudio, developers and creators can quickly and easily deploy and secure your own apps within your organization. The real special sauce though – Build one app and deploy it across multiple form factors and platforms including Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux. Read on for the latest update including 10 helpful resources to get you going.
Most recently, Esri announced the latest update of AppStudio to R 2.1. This release includes new features and productivity tools to help you quickly create beautiful apps to share to the public or deploy throughout an organization. Want to get going quickly? Be sure to check out these configurable MapTour templates – easy!
- Build apps with no code
- Build once deploy for all
- Leverage your existing maps and GIS work
- Deploy and publish to the App Stores
- Deploy apps through your enterprise
- No need for costly developers or outsourcing
New in AppStudio 2.1
- New Material Design Layouts to help you to create apps with a refined and professional look and feel
- New Community Panel in AppStudio Desktop – Community Panel provides live links to AppStudio Geonet questions, blogs
- Updated AppStudio Templates – easy-to-configure AppStudio app templates
- New ApprFramework plugins (in Beta):
- Biometric Authentication
- Secure Storage
- High-Accuracy Positioning
- Interapp Communication (share text and URLs with other apps)
- UI/UX updates to AppStudio Desktop tools
- AppStudio Player supports biometric authentication and Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA)
- Support Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app
- Qt updates to version 5.9.1.
- Audio and video attachment support within the Quick Report template
Of particular interest, with AppStudio 2.1 Esri has released five brand new beautiful ready-to-use layouts based on Material Design Guidelines. These layouts will not only save you time, but will also help you to create apps with a refined and professional look and feel. See this blog post to learn more about Material Design layouts.
10 Useful AppStudio Dev Links
Finally, back at the DevSummit in early 2017 there was a special presentation on AppStudio that provided answers to the 10 useful links to help you build apps with AppStudio for ArcGIS: (Source)
- Do you have samples? Where can I find them?
- How can I create my app installation files using cloud Make?
- How can I collaborate with others on building an app? (ArcGIS Online or GitHub)
- How do I configure AppStudio so that I can build an app locally?
- We use ArcGIS Enterprise (on-premise portal), how can I use AppStudio with my portal?
- What is the process for configuring Qt kits to work with AppStudio?
- When testing my app how do I capture the console output?
- How do I license my app I created with AppStudio?
- How do I setup an Android emulator or iOS simulator to work with AppStudio?
What you will need:
AppStudio – Download AppStudio for ArcGIS (Desktop Edition) to do advanced customization or development work on your apps.
AppStudio Player – Download AppStudio Player to preview apps on your devices before you build.
You can download AppStudio for Windows x64, Windows x86, macOS, and Linux HERE
- See everything you need about AppStudio at http://doc.arcgis.com/en/appstudio/
- AppStudio Group on GeoNet
- See recordings of our 2-Day AppStudio Workshop online.
- Browse apps that have been created with AppStudio for ArcGIS visit the AppStudio Showcase.
- Create an app with these templates
- Building Effective User Experiences with AppStudio for ArcGIS
- AppStudio Homepage – http://appstudio.arcgis.com/