Recall, ArcGIS Enterprise is a key component of the ArcGIS platform. It provides you with a complete GIS that runs behind your firewall, in your infrastructure, on-premises, and in the cloud and works with your enterprise systems and policies. Last month Esri released the update of Enterprise at Version 1o.6 along with many new features.
A look at some noteworthy updates from in R 10.6:
- significant performance enhancements for many service management operations
- new navigation experience that allows for tabbing, filtering, and a focused search to locate specific groups and items more quickly
- ArcGIS Enterprise portals can now share feature layers as copies, creating a new hosted feature layer in the recipient’s Enterprise portal
- The synchronization status of a collaboration is now reported in the workspace
- Collaborations now provide a content deletion policy
- 10.6 includes additional options for installing and upgrading ArcGIS Enterprise
- more power and possibilities when printing maps and layouts
- now supports vector tile layers
- you can now generate and serve map and image service caches from cloud stores
- add Viewers (Level 1 Named Users) at no additional cost
- and more!
Read all about the update to 10.6 in this Esri blog
ArcGIS Enterprise has a flexible deployment model that supports various configurations:
- On-premises, on physical hardware or virtualized environments.
- In the cloud, on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure.
- A mixture of on-premises and cloud.
Note, ArcGIS Enterprise Includes:
- An Enterprise GIS Portal
- A Powerful GIS Server
- A Fast Access Data Store
- Add More Enterprise GIS Capabilities
- Enhance Your GIS Server With Extensions
- Enterprise Geodatabase
Be sure to consult this getting started Guide
You can learn more about deployment options from ESRI or, if interested, you might consider an affordable, flexible deployment solution from us at GEO Jobe with our GEOPowered Cloud – A platform offering shared and dedicated hosting supporting ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise and Esri partner solutions – Contact us directly for specific information – this is a perfect, getting started in the Enterprise deployment environment solution!
Whether you are leveraging shared or dedicated ArcGIS for Server resources in the GEOPowered Cloud, you are guaranteed the best of Esri’s enterprise GIS products without the cost and overhead of an on-premises deployment – Enjoy the power and performance of ArcGIS© Server without the added expense!
— ArcGIS Enterprise (@ArcGISXprise) February 5, 2018