No surprise here, at the 2018 International Esri User Conference much focus was on ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Enterprise (oh, and those of you still using ArcMap, don’t worry as Esri assures us it will continue to be supported). Now that the GIS Pros have left San Diego and returned to all corners of the Globe, Esri has released an update to ArcGIS Enterprise at V 10.6.1 – let’s explore what’s new.
ArcGIS Enterprise at 10.6.1 introduces new features, stability enhancements, and improved functionality throughout the product.
New in this this release is a number of features and additions, including ArcGIS Enterprise Sites, which you can build to serve your GIS data and maps to everyone in your organization (even the non-GIS users). A number of announcements and feature updates are hitting the Esri blogs. Recall, ArcGIS Enterprise is a key component of the ArcGIS platform. It provides you with a complete GIS that runs behind your firewall, in your infrastructure, on-premises, and in the cloud – and works with your enterprise systems and policies.
Below we explore some of the new features of Enterprise 10.6.1:
- Ortho Maker is a new ArcGIS Enterprise web app for creating orthoimage mosaics and terrain surface products using imagery from drones. The app uses the distributed processing and storage capabilities of ArcGIS Image Server.
- New raster analytics tools are available in the ArcGIS Enterprise portal. See What’s new in Portal for ArcGIS
- Added Support for hosted feature layer views
- At 10.6.1, feature services have been improved with the addition of layer-based metadata support and REST API enhancements for query operations.
- Starting at ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, newly created and upgraded portals will only support a federated hosting server that has a relational data store created through ArcGIS Data Store.
- Note: At 10.6.1, Windows 7 is no longer supported for new installations using ArcGIS Enterprise Builder.
- ArcGIS Enterprise Sites allows you to create a tailored web page experience for your users to help you share your authoritative GIS data to other departments more easily
- ArcGIS Server administrators now have greater control and information about the asynchronous jobs being run by their geoprocessing servers.
- Enhanced vector tile functionality – When you enable offline use, a vector tile layer can be downloaded and used in offline apps and maps.
- Faster performance for map and feature service drawing and rendering
- Scene Viewer also received a significant update
ESRIUC Video – ArcGIS Enterprise Sites
Recently, GEO Jobe shared details of GEOPowered Cloud managed services. COO David Hansen (@dhansen601) described this as follows, “Host your ArcGIS Enterprise license using our GEOPowered Cloud Managed Services. It’s all the power of ArcGIS Enterprise with none of the hardware hassle. We set it up for you, and you use it how you want!” See more, Host Your ArcGIS Enterprise License with GEOPowered Cloud Managed Services
Be sure to contact us if you’re organization is interested in hosting your ArcGIS Enterprise license using our GEOPowered Cloud Managed Services!
- Set up Sites in Enterprise Portal
- What’s new in ArcGIS enterprise 10.6.1 help document
- On Twitter @arcgisxprise
- What are the deprecation plans for ArcGIS products?
- Create sites and pages today
- More on vector tiles
- Set up a collaboration between ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise
— ArcGIS Enterprise (@ArcGISXprise) July 9, 2018