Here’s a handy tip for ArcGIS Online users that you may not be aware of – link multiple accounts and easily switch back and forth. In a recent article from Esri’s Bern Szukalski, a number of new features of ArcGIS Online were introduced. Many of these things are extremely useful, including the ability to link multiple accounts in one user profile.
Here’s the scenario, you have multiple accounts and profiles in ArcGIS Online but you need an easy way to switch from one account to another. Forget about logging out and logging back in and wasting time digging up account credentials etc… now you can link the accounts and easily switch back and forth with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Setting this up is a breeze thanks to the tips provided in this help document.
To set up and use linked accounts, click Switch Accounts from your user name drop-down list or Manage Linked Accounts from your profile page and choose one of the following options:
- To add an account, click Link an Account and sign in with the account you want to link.
- To switch between accounts, choose an account, and if necessary, sign in with the credentials for that account.
- To unlink an account, click Unlink an Account, choose an account, and click Unlink Account.
Keep in min the following:
- Multiple accounts from the same social network or the same enterprise provider are automatically linked. You can un-link them if you want.
- When you switch to a different account, you are automatically signed out of the previous account. You will need to sign in again if you switch back to the previous account.
- To switch accounts, you need to allow pop-ups in your browser
Login to ArcGIS Online and click your profile icon – see Switch Accounts
Add another account to link to your profile
Once linked you’ll see both accounts – here I added my developer account
In his blog post, Bern also notes that users can connect your Esri websites, such as customer information for My Esri, e-Learning, GeoNet, and more.