ESRIUC was a busy time indeed. While more than 16,000 (a record crowd) convened in San Diego to embrace the Science of Where the ArcGIS Marketplace was growing and providing users of ArcGIS Online with access to some awesome apps and geo technology. Here at GEO Jobe we’re huge fans of the marketplace, having published a couple of very popular apps for the community in our Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online, Mapfolio for enhanced customization of your organization, and MapLapse, a nifty tool for seeking out time lapse imagery. We also have worked closely with several Esri Startup program companies (including Mapillary) to help them get to market on time and without headaches. So, lets take a quick look at what’s happened in the Marketplace while you were getting schooled at ESRIUC.
The ArcGIS Marketplace
The Esri Marketplace empowers geospatial firms to seamlessly share innovations and applications for the broader GIS community. The ArcGIS Marketplace is specifically designed to serve the needs of gobal GIS users by providng innovative applications and data sets to extend the value of Existing ArcGIS investments.
Some noteworthy new gems in the ArcGIS Marketplace from Esri startup program companies:
DataCapable is making ‘maps a social canvas’. DataCapable has announced the addition ofthe world’s first Global Event Tracker for Wildfires, Water Quality, Hail, Earthquakes, Flu Reports and Gas Leaks -allconvenientlyavailable through Esri’s ArcGIS Marketplace. These new apps build on the success of the Global Power Outage Tracker
Remote GeoSystems released LineVision ArcMap Add-in and stand-alone LineVision Esri Maps on ArcGIS Marketplace for UAV, airborne and terrestrial mobile inspection and survey projects. The LineVision ArcMap Add-in and stand-alone LineVision Esri Maps are commercial software tools for UAV, airborne and terrestrial mobile inspection and survey projects requiring georeferenced video playback, analysis, collaboration and reporting using the Esri ArcGIS platform. Read More
UtiliSync Documentation Automation is a powerful web and desktop solution that connects to your GIS data (online and offline) and assists you with your complete document lifecycle: complete forms, create, distribute, archive and access records for public works
A few more of our favorite apps:
- Mapillary for ArcGIS is a suite of tools with integrated street-level imagery for viewing, creating, and editing GIS data.
- Echosec Pro for ArcGIS taps you into all of the major social media networks. Simply draw a geographical fence around any location in the world and explore the publicly available posts from that area.
- Maptiks by Sparkgeo is a simple tool that allows you to track user interactions with ArcGIS Online Web Map Apps.
- AntrisPro is a safety solution designed to protect work-alone employees.
These apps and many more are all available at the ArcGIS Marketplace. Be sure to check it out frequently for updates and browse for new apps to support your ArcGIS Online organization. If you aren’t sure where to start simply jump to the NEW, FREE, or POPULAR sections – there’s always some great stuff lurking there!
There’s many Free apps available in the Marketplace
More About The ArcGIS MarketPlace
The ArcGIS Marketplace (https://marketplace.arcgis.com/) is essentially a one-stop online market where users of ArcGIS Online can extend their capabilities by adding apps, tools, and features to their business. For registered, named, ArcGIS Online account holders there’s a growing list of applications available, many for free, most offering trials, and all of them offering some great functionality. Apps are conveniently categorized by industry (for example, Education, Transportation, Government) and are also listed by popularity and price. Applications from Esri that expand your capabilities, such as AppStudio, Collector, and Drone2Map, are also available via the marketplace.
- See more in this blog from Katie Decker of Esri – Innovative Esri Startup Program Partner Applications Available in the ArcGIS Marketplace
- Are you a Geotech Startup looking to take your apps, maps and ideas to market? Be sure to check out the opportunities available from the Esri Startup Program
- Esri Startup ProgramOpportunities for Esri Partners and GIS Developers with the ArcGIS Marketplace
- Esri Partners Working With Partners: Bringing Mapillary to the ArcGIS Marketplace
- GeoMarvel and GEO Jobe, Announce MapLapse in Esri’s ArcGIS Marketplace
- Esri’s Startup Program Is Helping Users Stimulate Geoinnovation
— Esri Startup Program (@EsriStartups) July 20, 2017