The GIS mapping services division of GEO Jobe has been quite active with UAV technology over the last year. We’ve turned to cutting edge hardware and software solutions to take to the sky and support some of our existing clients (and new ones) with imagery & analysis derived from UAV (drone) data acquisition.
Some of the interesting projects that UAV technology has enabled us to take on are shared in the following examples:
• Utilities corridor ROW mapping with contours, DSM, DTM
• Facilities mapping of sports fields
• 3D model of residential construction (pre and post development)
• Vegetation analysis of imagery
• Residential construction with ortho production, DSM, DTM, 1 foot contours
• 3D model, University School of Nashville for campus facility mapping and planning
• Water tower construction (pre and post) and facility inspection flights
• Mineraland stockpile inspection and volume calculations
Using a variety of hardware and software (image analysis, data processing, and mapping), GEO Jobe has been providing GIS and mapping related services and expertise for almost 20 years. Our continued expansion of personnel and equipment to support these service offerings have enabled us to expand greatly on the work that we provide for clients from government, utilities, facilities, education, and other industries such as engineering and construction.
Continue Reading on LidarMag or see A 2.296Mb PDF of this article as it appeared in the magazine—complete with images—is available by clicking HERE
For more information on opportunities for savings using UAV technology see geo-jobe.com/uav
- UAV and Drone Mapping in Residential & Commercial Construction were HOT in 2017!
- UAV, Commercial Drone Industry Outlook & Predictions for 2018
- Urban Planning Sees Greater Situational Awareness with UAV Data and 3D Design Models
Our @geojobeuav Pros have compiled their Commercial Drone Industry Outlook & Predictions for 2018 https://t.co/KTLRuTWfOk pic.twitter.com/5YhI7THeVj
— GEO Jobe (@GEOjobeGIS) December 19, 2017