The Esri User Conference (UC) is an annual event, and this year it will be held July 11th-15th at the San Diego Convention Center. The conference will bring together members of the Esri User Community from across the globe. It is a great opportunity to stay up to date on new technology, learn what’s coming next, build on discovering best practices, and network. Here at GEO Jobe, we have put together a list of things to check out while catching some rays in sunny San Diego!
The UC Plenary is typically the session that kicks off the conference and this year’s theme is GIS — Mapping Common Ground. Jack Dangermond will open the plenary by sharing examples of incredible work from the GIS user community, his vision for the future and advancements in ArcGIS. This year’s keynote guest speakers are Ronan Donovan, a National Geographic Explorer, and Deanne Criswell of the Federal Emergency Management Agency. They will share their stories about meeting challenges, solving problems, and creating success through their innovative and practical use of GIS.
Recommended Live Sessions
With a plethora of live sessions happening over three days (and over a hundred sessions available to livestream when you register digitally), it can be easy to miss a session you want to see. Reviewing the schedule and planning ahead will help you get to all the sessions you want. Here are some sessions we recommend adding to your schedule.
- ArcGIS Platform: A Developer’s Overview
- Taking Web Applications to Scale
- ArcGIS Online: Choosing the Right AppBuilder
- Developer Day: A Developer’s View of the ArcGIS System
- Developer Social
- Mobile Development: Strategies
- Understanding Data Sovereignty and ArcGIS
- Understanding Geodesign
- UX/UI Best Practices: A Brief Overview
- Web Development Strategies
- Building Geoprocessing Tools
- Accountability and Public Transparency with GIS
- Lightning Talks
- Community and Youth Engagement
- An Introduction
- Introduction to Multi-User Geodatabases
- Migration Strategies: Wednesday
- Administering Your Deployment
- Architecting and Configuring Server Roles
- Best Practices for Upgrading
- ArcGIS Enterprise on Kubernetes: Is It For Me?
- Enterprise Success Stories
- Choosing the Right App Builder
- Best Practices for Web App Accessibility
- An Introduction to Map Viewer
- Editing in Map Viewer
- Best Practices for Organization Management
- Map Viewer Tips & Tricks
- Optimizing Arcade Workflows
- An Introduction
- Tips and Tricks
- Deploying Across Your Organization
- Migrating from ArcMap
- Editing Tips and Tricks
- Geodatabase: Ensuring Data Quality with Attribute Rules and Contingent Values
- ArcGIS Enterprise on Kubernetes: Tuning and Scaling
- ArcGIS Pro Editing: An Overview
- Python: Introduction to Map Automation
- ArcGIS Online: An Introduction to Map Viewer
- ArcGIS Online: What’s New
Demo Theater Presentation
- ArcGIS Pro: What to Know Before You Start Working
- ArcGIS Enterprise: Backing Up Your Organization
- ArcGIS StoryMaps: Tips to Author a Great Story
Not to Miss Opportunities
- Esri Services Appointments: This is your chance to connect with Esri experts to get feedback on your maps, apps, and data. They are offering valuable guidance and feedback for designing, implementing, and strengthening your geospatial solutions.
- UC Virtual Run/Walk/Bike 2022: The Esri UC Virtual Run/Walk/Bike is a fun and active way for you to get involved in this year’s conference. You can run, walk, or bike as many times as you like. Don’t forget to log your progress towards the community goal!
Stop by Our Booth!
Come visit us at our booth #2400 to see the team and discuss solutions for your organization! We’ll be there to answer all your questions about Admin Tools, Backup My Org, and Clean My Org – our applications that help your ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Online administrators with daily workflows and managing ArcGIS Organizations while saving time and money.
Do you need something specifically built for your ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise, but don’t have the resources to develop it? Maybe you need your ArcGIS Enterprise hosted in the cloud? GEO Jobe has you covered with custom software development, Enterprise & GIS solutions, and UAV services.