Here we are in early September. Sadly, hurricane season is upon us, school is back in session, and we’ve had two month to digest all the goodness and coolness that we experienced at ESRIUC – have you migrated to 10.5 or moved to ArcGIS Pro yet? With this in mind, have you started planning for Esri DevSummit yet? Be sure to circle March 6-9, 2018 on your calendar and consider some of the opportunities that await you and your dev team.
Note, for more about DevSummit and what happens there, check out the recap from the crew at Blue Raster
Get Ready for DevSummit 2018
If you’re a geospatial developer – or aspire to be one – the 2018 Esri Developer Summit (DevSummit) Palm Springs is a can’t-miss event. The event takes place March 6-9, 2018 and offers a unique opportunity to engage one-on-one with leading geo developers, who are building the most advanced tools and technology available from Esri.
What you can expect at DevSummit:
- Be first to adopt, first to develop, and first to market after getting hands-on training with new SDKs, APIs, and app builders for creating advanced geospatial apps—powered by The Science of Where.
- Don’t miss out on this opportunity to connect, collaborate, and learn from industry thought leaders within the global developer community.
- Discover ways to better leverage your GIS investment, and test-drive ArcGIS on a variety of devices.
- Streamline how you build native applications with ArcGIS Runtime SDKs. Plus, bounce ideas and challenges off the staff
- Explore best practices for development patterns, problem solving, deployment challenges, and platform integration.
- get your questions answered by the people responsible for building and deploying apps with ArcObjects, Python, and the ArcGIS SDK for the Microsoft. NET framework.
Spend the entire week at DevSummit:
- Sun – Mon – Optional Pre conference workshops
- Tues – Plenary, demos, Speedgeeking, Networking
- Wed – Technical Sessions
- Thurs – Technical sessions + Dodgeball!!
- Fri – more seessions & closing
Can’t make it to DevSummit. Consider attending a local Geo DevMeetup!
For would-be developers, Esri has several resources of interest for you. ArcGIS for Developers is a resource to help you get started with developing your next app. Register for free and gain access to resources, tools, dos, to help build your mapping apps for any device. To stay informed about interesting things going on in the Esri developer community, be sure to follow Developer topics in the Esri blogs – there’s something here for everyone. For those in search of APIs, you can jump in and get your hands dirty with plenty of them HERE where Esri can point you to a number of their dev tools. Developers with a great idea and early stage startups, Esri has a fine resource for you in the Esri Startup Program. This is a free three year program that gives emerging businesses the tools to build mapping and location analytics capabilities into their products. Qualifying startups receive online services, software, training and support, content, and other opportunities to help them succeed (side note, Geo Jobe has worked with and partnered up with several startup program companies in order to help them build on the ArcGIS platform and get their app to the ArcGIS Marketplace – Contact us if you think you could use a little extra help). The ArcGIS Developer Program is your go-to resource to get involved the the Esri Developer ecosystem – stay informed or get started HERE. Finally, for even more goodies, the Esri Github is a great resource and supports a huge developer community – see http://esri.github.io/
Recall DevSummit 2017
Note: you can follow @DevSummit on Twitter to stay informed of news and updates
- Esri Events
- DevSummit Berlin, 2017
- Top 20 DevSummit Tech Session Videos – Everything You Need to Know About ArcGIS and Then Some!
- Noteworthy Gems from the 2017 Esri DevSummit – Plenary Notes and 10 Favorite Things
- 2017 Esri DevSummit – More images: The Week in Review
— Esri DevSummit (@EsriDevSummit) April 4, 2017