Yes indeed, the holiday season is upon us and many of you are thinking about holidays, year-end strategy, new year resolutions, end of the year budget meetings, recruiting during the busy holiday hiring season, taxes (oops, sorry to be a buzz kill!) and yes indeed, for the Esri business partners and developers it’s time to start strategizing for Esri Partner Conference (EPC), DevSummit, lightning talks, and dodgeball!
Partnerships are important to us at GEO Jobe and to our business. The Esri Partner Program ensures that we are on the cutting edge when it comes to technology. In addition to having support from Esri and access to software,resources, and community we are also building our own network, partnering up with other Esri Partner companies. For example, we’ve recently worked on projects with GeoMarvel and Mapillary, bringing our experience and passion for building on the ArcGIS platform (think Admin Tools, Mapfolio, and the geopowered cloud) and helping these companies with their path to market, the ArcGIS Marketplace. You can read more about these projects via the following:
So why EPC?
There’s many great reasons to attend this annual event, particularly if your business builds solutions on the ArcGIS platform. Esri has shared 5 good reasons to be there:
- Hear Esri president Jack Dangermond’s vision and direction for the future of GIS and what it means for partners. Leverage new insights to increase engagement with prospective and existing customers.
- Get an insider’s look at Esri’s latest tech advances in ArcGIS, market focus, and sales strategies for 2018. Share your newfound GIS knowledge to educate and empower your business development teams.
- Learn proven best practices reinforced by success stories from your GIS peers. Then, put those new approaches into practice, helping your customers be more effective and efficient and make smarter, data-driven decisions using the ArcGIS platform.
- Collaborate with Esri’s sector teams and industry thought leaders to bring your services and solutions to market faster.
- Connect and build new business relationships with other partners and Esri distributors during the expanded networking breaks, social events, hosted lunches, the annual golf classic, and more!
The early bird registration rate for EPC may have passed, however, you can still register at a discount (compared to on-site reg) until Feb. 2. EPC is THE event for Esri’s partner members to gather, network, shmooze, and maybe even strategize on partnerships. There’s also a number of Esri small business partner companies (startups) on hand who may be great connections and contacts for you to partner up with – We’ve worked with a number of startups over the years and always look forward to meeting the new, up and coming companies entering the Geo Industry.
A reminder that registration for EPC includes all scheduled sessions, continental breakfasts, beverage breaks, and daily lunches, as well as the Saturday Welcome Social, Sunday Networking Social, Monday GIS Solutions Expo and Social, access to the Esri Showcase on Monday evening, and access to the Developer Summit plenary and afternoon sessions on Tuesday. Note, EPC takes place March 3-5, 2018 in Palm Springs at the Convention Center. Bookmark this page or sign up today!
GEO Jobe will once again be exhibiting at EPC, you can find us on the exhibition hall floor and we’d love to connect with you and chat!
But hold on, there’s more! Coinciding with Partner Conference is the annual DevFest and gathering a brilliant minds and geeks who are developing apps, webmaps, and solutions with Esri tools, APIs, SDKs, and products. DevSummit will take place immediately following EPC, officially running March 6-9. If you’re a geospatial developer – or aspire to be one – the 2018 Esri Developer Summit (DevSummit) in Palm Springs is a can’t-miss event.
Meet Esri Developers and get all your Dev questions answered!
What you can expect at DevSummit:
- Be first to adopt, first to develop, and first to market after getting hands-on training with new SDKs, APIs, and app builders for creating advanced geospatial apps—powered by The Science of Where.
- Don’t miss out on this opportunity to connect, collaborate, and learn from industry thought leaders within the global developer community.
- Discover ways to better leverage your GIS investment, and test-drive ArcGIS on a variety of devices.
- Streamline how you build native applications with ArcGIS Runtime SDKs. Plus, bounce ideas and challenges off the staff
- Explore best practices for development patterns, problem solving, deployment challenges, and platform integration.
- get your questions answered by the people responsible for building and deploying apps with ArcObjects, Python, and the ArcGIS SDK for the Microsoft. NET framework.
We were fortunate to attend the 2017 Esri DevSummit where Esri, a couple of hundred of their team, about 1,000 business partner member reps, and a couple of thousand developers gathered to hear about The Science of Where (TM). We’ll be there once again, our entire Dev Team in tow and look forward to some great learning opportunities and chances to discuss our sucess with Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online, Mapfolio, GEO Powered Cloud, and partner efforts like our collaboration with GeoMarvel to bring MapLapse to the ArcGIS Marketplace. Our own GeoDev, Nick Lawalin will also be there and hoping to repeat as part of the winning Dodgeball crew!
There’s plenty to do and enjoy in and around Palm Springs. The Story Map above shares some great tips!
A Tip: The entire library of DevSummit videos from 2017 can be found HERE