Well, here we are. The week after ESRIUC, and Geo Geeks all over the World are nursing their Geo “hangover”, pouring over notes, papers, take-aways, photos, videos, and business cards collected after a very busy week in San Diego.
A crew from GEO Jobe was once again present at UC and pleased to have taken part in the exhibition hall, where we met with GIS professionals and GeoTech enthusiasts from all over the world. We met with hundreds (or perhaps thousands) of users at our booth where we networked, educated, and connected with people from all corners and a variety of industries. There was, however, one common element – everyone was passionate, eager to learn, and extremely motivated by what they were seeing and hearing during the week. ESRIUC is always very invigorating, motivational, and educational ,and this year was no different, in particular, the opening plenary sessions – you can watch the videos HERE.
For the GEO Jobe crew, this meant answering questions, running through product demos, and lots of listening. We shared tips, tricks, and technical details of our solutions for ArcGIS Online (Admin Tools, Mapfolio, Maplapse, and the soon-to-come, Clean My Org… stay tuned on that one!). We also answered questions and had detailed discussions about our professional services and enterprise solution offerings, including the GEO Powered Cloud Managed Services, our vibrant UAV services and aerial mapping projects, and a recent partnership with Con terra which brings solution.manager ArcGIS Edition to North American users.
All week long, the team snapped photos, chatted with GIS geeks, shook hands, passed out hundreds of cool MapThis T shirts, stickers, business cards, product literature; we even passed out a bunch of floppy disks! (You can tweet us about that @geojobegis if you need more info).
At ESRIUC, the numbers are always of interest. The following are some of the numbers of interest from 2018:
- Attendees at UC drank 2400 gallons of coffee
- Over 105,000 buttons were distributed at the event
- There was officially, 17,901 attendees (Source: Esri)
- 4 GEO Jobe team members were there
- GEO Jobe COO, David Hansen, consumed approximately 10 RedBulls during the week
- Our CMO Glenn (@gletham) logged over 80,455 steps on his FitBit – with a high of 21,395 on Wednesday
- 80 MapThis T-Shirts distributed
- Dozens of GIS pros approached us to thank us for helping them in their job with Admin tools for ArcGIS Online!
- 90 3.5″ Geo coaster/floppy disks passed out
- Over 500 GEO Jobe, Mapthis, UAV, and Admin Tools stickers were handed out
- 1.2 – the latest Version of Admin tools for ArcGIS Online was demonstrated hundreds of times
- 10.6.1 – ArcGIS Enterprise gets an update!
- ArcGIS Pro 2.2 released
Our team left San Diego a little tired, very motivated, hugely inspired, and extremely grateful for having the opportunity to connect face-to-face with our new friends, our product users, partners, associates, mentors, and the entire Esri support team. The interactions we have with these professionals is what keeps us going and drives the direction of our products and services. Thanks again to Esri for hosting a fabulous event.
Below we share some of the images we captured in San Diego.
— Esri (@Esri) July 12, 2018