We’ve been hard at work on something we are very excited to show you. As of today, the new and improved Admin Tools 2.0 is live! Our developers have been working on rebuilding this product from the ground up. Read on to find out more about Admin Tools 2.0.
Admin Tools was originally developed in 2015. Web standards have changed since then, and Admin Tools has dynamically adapted to those changes. However, the underlying infrastructure of the platform has now been reimagined to start fresh with the standards of today.
Esri has also introduced new item types, changed the way users are structured, and updated their APIs several times. As new functionality for managing ArcGIS Organizations have become available, we added new tools we never expected.
For these reasons, and more, we decided we needed to rebuild Admin Tools from the ground up. This new version of the ArcGIS management product you know is more sleek, more stable, and more secure than ever before. It’s architected to better adjust to new updates and improvements as time goes on. The design has been updated to use the Calcite Design System, like our other products, creating a unified experience when working with the ABCs of ArcGIS and better aligning with Esri apps.
Over the past seven years, Admin Tools has grown far beyond our initial expectations, and we are very proud of that. With this new version, we look forward to continuing that growth.
View Item Dependencies
We have updated the View Item Dependencies to utilize the interactive canvas that Backup My Org and Clean My Org both use. You can also save the dependency tree as an image file to share with others or use in reports.
Update Items Summary
Customers told us they needed a tool to edit an item’s summary, and we heard them! This new tool is located in the “Items” tab underneath the “Update” heading. When updating summaries, you can choose whether to add your edits to the existing summary or to replace it entirely.
Update Groups Delete Protection
Ever delete a group by mistake? It can be a hassle to re-create it, re-add everyone, and re-share the items. Save yourself the headache and protect your most important groups. In the same way that you can make sure you don’t accidentally delete important items, now you can ensure you don’t delete a group by mistake.
A big part of the restructure for Admin Tools 2.0 was implementing a caching system. Now, when you first open the application it fetches all of your content to have it ready for you. This will result in less time waiting for the application to fetch an item’s information, as well as speed up the time it takes for a search to finish. Caching allows us to create detailed filter options to allow you to quickly and easily choose your workflow content.
New Filtering Options
Thanks to our new caching system, we are also able to provide additional, robust filtering options, including list-based selection and case sensitivity.
Detailed Info During Tool Operation
When you run a tool, the results table now shows the status of each item, user, or group being processed. You can also view detailed logs, including error and warning messages.
Ability to Favorite Tools and Save Filters
You can mark a tool as one of your favorites. Favorite tools will be quickly accessible under a special tab for quick navigation. Similarly, you will be able to save filters you frequently use on each workflow. This will save you time while managing your ArcGIS Organization, one of the many ways Admin Tools makes your life easier.
❝ We are very excited to get the chance to modernize the look and feel and add new functionality with Admin Tools 2. With new features like favoriting tools and filters, we hope to make the life of ArcGIS Administrators even easier.❞Steven McCall, Director of Products
To Read the full press release please visit here: https://www.prlog.org/12918836-admin-tools-2-0-is-now-available.html
- Fixes for routing issues where tools or windows sometimes wouldn’t open.
- Share Items With Groups: Fix for an issue where an item would not be added to the group if the item owner wasn’t in the group. This fix automatically adds the owners of all items to the group. Also includes a fix for an issue where the tool wouldn’t add items to a group with the setting that only an owner or manager can add items.
- Copy Web Maps Symbology / Popup: Removed the option to update basemap symbology, as basemap layers do not allow this.
- Delete Items and Delete Groups: Fix for force delete to remove delete protection. Also fix to remove delete protection from and delete item attachments.
- Register Services: Fix for registering services to an ArcGIS Online account.
- Update Items Credits (Attribution): Removed rich text and HTML options, which are not supported for this field.
- Update Items Owner: Fix for related items failing even if their parent item succeeded.
- Create Group: Fix for option to include item control.
- Copy Group: Fixes copying of group thumbnails. Also fixes a bug where Admin Tools user was added to the new group even when they weren’t a member of the original group.
- Update Users Favorites: Fix for an issue where the tool wouldn’t work to update the favorites of a Level 2 user other than the Admin Tools user. The tool now updates the favorites of all users.
- Update Users Access: For Enterprise organizations, removed an access option that is only available for ArcGIS Online accounts.
- Browse Roles and Privileges: Removed option to update built-in Esri roles, which is not permitted.
Curious what else GEO Jobe is up to?
Subscribe to our blog for updates, or check out these recent articles:
- Web Maps for WordPress Pro Features Now Available in the Free Version
- Take Your Team to the Top with Tasks and Templates in ArcGIS Pro
- Meet Kates: The Conductor, The Maestro