Like all of us here at GEO Jobe, you may have been too busy, you may have forgotten, or you simply didn’t have an iOS or MAC device with you that supported live streaming the Apple event. so what did you miss? Here’s a pretty quick list of the major touch points from the Apple 7 launch event.
- Apple Introduces iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus – according to Apple, “The Best, Most Advanced iPhone Ever”
- iPhone 7 is the first water and dust resistant iPhone
- The new, A10 Fusion chip is the most powerful chip on any smartphone while delivering the best battery life ever in an iPhone
- an entirely new stereo speaker system provides twice the sound – New stereo speakers offer amazing and immersive sound that is two times louder than iPhone 6s
- The 12-megapixel camera includes optical image stabilization on both iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, and a larger ƒ/1.8 aperture and 6-element lens enable brighter, more detailed photos and videos, and a wide color capture allows for more vibrant colors with more detail
- Coming later this year, the dual 12-megapixel cameras also enable a new depth-of-field effect, using both cameras on iPhone 7 Plus to capture images, while sophisticated technology including Machine Learning separates the background
- The A10 Fusion’s CPU now has four cores, seamlessly integrating two high-performance cores that run up to two times faster than iPhone 6
- Both phones include support for up to 25 LTE bands
- The new iPhone comes with EarPods® with Lightning® connector – note, there is a 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter that allows customers to use old headphones and accessories.
- New AirPods (Apple’s innovative new wireless headphones) have extremely efficient wireless communication for a better connection
- The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus come in a gorgeous design in silver, gold and rose gold finishes and introduce two all-new black finishes
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus come with iOS 10, the biggest release ever of the world’s most advanced mobile
- The devices (in all styles) will be available in 32GB, 128GB and 256GB models starting at $649 (US), and the new jet black finish will be offered exclusively on the 128GB and 256GB models (for sale online only)
- Customers will be able to order iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus beginning Friday, September 9, with availability beginning Friday, September 16, in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China and more
- The new Apple-designed wireless AirPods including charging case will be available for $159 (US)
- Apple Watch Series 2 is packed with incredible fitness and health capabilities including a water resistance 50 meter rating for swimming, and built-in GPS so users can now run without an iPhone
- watchOS 3 features significantly improved performance that makes it even simpler to launch favorite apps instantly
- Watch Nike+ is the ultimate tool for anyone who runs, pairing exclusive Nike Sport Bands with Apple Watch Series 2, which features GPS, a two-times-brighter display, water resistance 50 meters.
And the best news, those of you using our Admin Tools or Mapfolio for ArcGIS Online should be able to enjoy your mobile experience without any issues on your shiny, new iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus!
See more about the new Apple devices at http://www.apple.com/iphone/
What got your attention about today's big Apple event?
— GEO Jobe (@GEOjobeGIS) September 7, 2016
Join The Conversation
iPhone 7 is undoubtedly the most powerful smartphone in the world with the A10 Fusion’s CPU. Also, I really love the new colors, especially Jet Black. The only thing I hate on iPhone 7, as many other users, is the 3.5mm jack no longer exists on our devices. It seems crazy to use the headphone with the same port as the charger.