Are you looking to configure your ArcGIS portal with Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) soon? Well, when configuring your portal to use ADFS, the process creates new ArcGIS Online or Portal users for the desired users within the active directory user store. When this happens, you are left with new users without information or content. So, how can you reassign all existing user’s content to the newly created users after turning on ADFS? Unless you want to sort through, manage and figure all of this out manually, you should take a look at Admin Tools for ArcGIS℠ Online (Pro) or Portal! Our ‘Migrate Users’ tool will allow you to easily map user to user or multiple users’ and transfer the content to a newly created ADFS user in seconds.
The Migrate Users tool will:
- Reassign Items & groups
- Update Same User Roles
- Apply Same Group Memberships
- Update Thumbnail
- Update User Information (email, description, tags, etc.)
*This tool will not delete all of the target user’s items or groups.
How it works:
- Launch Admin Tools for ArcGIS℠ Online, login to your account with an administrator account, and navigate to the ‘Migrate Users’ tool under the ‘User Tools toolset’.
- Launch the tool and use the drop down on the left to select your current users and the drop down on the right to select your target users. You can use the green circle with the ‘+’ to add a new set of users and use the red circle with the ‘x’ to remove a set of users. Make sure to select the ‘Migrate Thumbnail’ & ‘Migrate User Profile Information’ if you would like to transfer that content as well.
- Review the summary page to make sure you have the correct user mapping. Once you have confirmed everything is correct, select the blue ‘Done’ button.
The ‘Migrate User’ tool can save you a lot of time if you need to update many users like this in your organization. Click here for more information on purchasing Admin Tools for ArcGIS℠ Online (Pro) or (Portal).
Visit us on the ArcGIS Marketplace and write us a review telling us how much time this saved you or leave us a rating!