Have you been to ESRIUC yet? The annual Esri mega-event is a must attend for anyone working with Esri technology or thinking about adopting Geo technology. The UC is a huge event, with so much to see, do and hear, there’s simply no way to describe it all in one short blog post. Something of interest that takes place each year at UC is the Startup Zone – a dedicated area where you can meet and visit with Esri startup small business partner companies. This area is a great place for small busines startup, developers, consultants, and students looking for work to hang out, network, learn and explore opportunities.
At the 2017ESRIUC our booth was conveniently located next to the Startup Zone – a great strategy for us as we have worked with several of them in the past to help them bring their apps to the ArcGIS MarketPlace. We walked around the Zone filming for several minutes to help introduce you to the Zone and show you a small sample of some really cool people that are doing some great stuff thanks to the support of Esri and the Startup group.
- less than 3 years old
- generating less than $1 million in revenue
- building software (or SAS) products
Learn more about the Esri Startup Program at https://developers.arcgis.com/startups/
If you’d like to meet the team behind the program, enjoy this geogeeksincars Video interview filmed at ESRIUC when Glenn takes a drive with the crew.
Exhibiting companies were showing off their software and services to the conference goers. A number of the startups have also recently launched their apps in the ArcGIS Marketplace. Some noteworthy new apps in the Marketplace from the Esri startup program companies include:
DataCapable is making ‘maps a social canvas’. DataCapable has announced the addition of the world’s first Global Event Tracker for Wildfires, Water Quality, Hail, Earthquakes, Flu Reports and Gas Leaks -all conveniently available through Esri’s ArcGIS Marketplace. These new apps build on the success of the Global Power Outage Tracker
Remote GeoSystems released LineVision ArcMap Add-in and stand-alone LineVision Esri Maps on ArcGIS Marketplace for UAV, airborne and terrestrial mobile inspection and survey projects. The LineVision ArcMap Add-in and stand-alone LineVision Esri Maps are commercial software tools for UAV, airborne and terrestrial mobile inspection and survey projects requiring georeferenced video playback, analysis, collaboration and reporting using the Esri ArcGIS platform. Read More
UtiliSync Documentation Automation is a powerful web and desktop solution that connects to your GIS data (online and offline) and assists you with your complete document lifecycle: complete forms, create, distribute, archive and access records for public works
A few more of our favorite apps:
- Mapillary for ArcGIS is a suite of tools with integrated street-level imagery for viewing, creating, and editing GIS data.
- Echosec Pro for ArcGIS taps you into all of the major social media networks. Simply draw a geographical fence around any location in the world and explore the publicly available posts from that area.
- Maptiks by Sparkgeo is a simple tool that allows you to track user interactions with ArcGIS Online Web Map Apps.
- AntrisPro is a safety solution designed to protect work-alone employees.
These apps and many more are all available at the ArcGIS Marketplace.
- GeoMarvel, Esri Startup Program Support
- Empowering The Science of Where through Partnerships; Esri 360 Video, Esri Startup GeoMarvel & Esri Partner GEO Jobe
- Introduction to the ArcGIS Marketplace – Apps, Content, Opportunity for Geotech Startups!
— Esri (@Esri) October 8, 2017