The Esri Developer Summit (DevSummit) is an annual event held in early March in Palm Springs, California. The conference brings together Esri’s developer community with opportunities to take your GIS to the next level using advanced mapping technology and cutting-edge apps. A little sunshine is always a nice bonus too!
With this year’s DevSummit offering virtual and in-person attendance options, the conference has plenty of opportunities to partake in sessions of interest and connect with the broader GIS community from wherever you are joining. Still need to register? Sign-up here!
- In-person: If you are able to attend DevSummit in person you will be able to take advantage of the entire conference, including the social and networking opportunities, technical sessions, the Esri showcase, and chances to talk with Esri technical experts. This year Ping Pong and dodgeball tournaments are on the schedule. Make sure to register early since spots are limited!
- Digital Access: If you are planning to join the conference remotely, you will be able to access over 30 technical sessions between March 7-10 and will have access to over 150 recorded technical sessions starting in April.
- Plenary Session Only: Like in previous years, attending the plenary sessions taking place daily on March 7-8 are free!
The DevSummit Plenary is the session that kicks off each day of the conference. Jack Dangermond and Esri team members will walk through the latest and greatest of Esri technology, showcase case studies, and give insight on what’s next. This year’s plenary sessions each have a unique theme, so make sure to tune in for both!
- Tuesday, Mar 7: Developer Overview and Building Apps
- Wednesday, March 8: Spatial Analytics, Extending and Automating the ArcGIS System
The Esri Showcase
This is your one-stop shop for Esri subject matter experts looking to help you grow your GIS and show off the latest and greatest technologies. The Esri Showcase includes the following components:
- Esri Code Review: Want feedback on an application you are developing? Unsure how to architect your idea and bring it to life? Esri subject matter experts will be available daily to provide guidance, discuss roadblocks on a current application, or explore future application ideas.
- GIS Product Areas: Have a running list of questions that you would like to ask Esri experts? Worried you won’t get an answer to your question during a technical session? The GIS Products Areas are the place for you! This is an opportunity to ask Esri product experts your questions, find answers to your workflow roadblocks, and see the latest product solutions.
- Demo Theatres: Let Esri Product Engineers show you the latest geospatial technologies that will take your work to the next level! Sessions in the demo theater are 30 minutes in length and are held through each day of the conference.
- Esri Services: Want to engage with subject matter experts who provide guidance? Take the opportunity to get valuable input and feedback, technical support, and more from Esri Service experts. Establish a plan for success and maximize your investment in GIS.
Recommended Live Sessions
Whether it is your first time attending DevSummit or your first time in a while, it can be overwhelming to choose between all the sessions on the day of. We recommend reviewing the detailed agenda to find out what sessions will work best for you. Below are some sessions we recommend checking out based on the technology you are interested in learning more about. All times are listed in Pacific Standard Time (PST).
The Road Ahead
Want to see future features for ArcGIS Pro or ArcGIS Enterprise? These sessions provide insight into release plans for various products and demos on some new capabilities.
- ArcGIS Platform: The Road Ahead – Wednesday, March 8, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- ArcGIS Pro: The Road Ahead – Thursday, March 9, 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- ArcGIS Maps SDKs for Native Apps: The Road Ahead – Thursday, March 9, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- ArcGIS Enterprise: The Road Ahead – Thursday, March 9, 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- ArcGIS Field Apps: The Road Ahead – Friday, March 10, 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM
- ArcGIS Enterprise: An Introduction for Developers – Tuesday, March 7, 1:00 – 2:00 PM
- ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise: Architectural Patterns and Practices – Tuesday, March 7, 4:00-5:00 PM
- Syncing with Feature Services – Tuesday, March 7, 4:00-4:30 PM
- ArcGIS Enterprise on Kubernetes – Tuesday, March 7, 5:30-6:30 PM
- ArcGIS Enterprise: Publish Your Own Routing Services – Wednesday, March 8, 10:30-11:30 AM
- ArcGIS Monitor: Customizing and Integrating – Wednesday, March 8, 10:30-11:30 AM
- Extending ArcGIS Enterprise with Webhooks – Wednesday, March 8, 1:00-2:00 PM
- Upgrading ArcGIS Enterprise – Thursday, March 9, 1:00-2:00 PM
- ArcGIS Enterprise on Kubernetes: Wreck It and Recover It – Thursday, March 9, 2:30-3:00 PM
- Extending ArcGIS Enterprise with SOEs and SOIs – Friday, March 10, 8:30-9:30 AM
- Extending ArcGIS Enterprise with Custom Data Feeds – Friday, March 10, 10:00-11:00 AM
- ArcGIS Experience Builder: An Introduction – Tuesday, March 7, 2:30-3:30 PM
- Do More with Basemaps – Tuesday, March 7, 2:30-3:00 PM
- ArcGIS Experience Builder: Customizing and Extending – Tuesday, March 7, 4:00-5:00 PM
- A Practical Guide to ArcGIS Online Security – Wednesday, March 8, 1:00-2:00 PM
- ArcGIS Online: Best Practices with Hosted Feature Services – Thursday, March 9, 10:30-11:30 AM
- Spatial Analysis for Developers – Thursday, March 9, 1:00-2:00 PM
- ArcGIS Experience Builder: Working with Layout and Style- Thursday, March 9, 1:45-2:15 PM
- ArcGIS Online: Best Practices for Publishing and Maintaining Large Datasets – Thursday, March 9, 2:30-3:30 PM
- ArcGIS Experience Builder: Building Your First Widget – Thursday, March 9, 3:15-3:45 PM
- Arcade in ArcGIS Dashboards – Thursday, March 9, 4:00-5:00 PM
- Workflow Automation in the Field – Tuesday, March 7, 1:00 – 2:00 PM
- ArcGIS Field Maps: Empowering Indoor Workflows – Tuesday, March 7, 4:45-5:15 PM
- ArcGIS Field Apps: An Introduction and What’s New – Wednesday, March 8, 1:00-2:00 PM
- Using Arcade in ArcGIS Field Maps – Thursday, March 9, 1:00-1:30 PM
- ArcGIS Survey 123: No-Code Workflow Automation with Make.com – Thursday, March 9, 1:45-2:15 PM
- ArcGIS Survey123: Creating High Quality Reports – Thursday, March 9, 4:00-5:00 PM
- ArcGIS Survey123: Advanced XLSForm Design with XLSForm – Friday, March 10, 10:00-11:00 AM
- Spatial Data Science in ArcGIS – Tuesday, March 7, 1:00-2:00 PM
- Strategies for Mobile and Desktop Development – Tuesday, March 7, 2:30-3:30 PM
- Everything You Wanted to Know About ArcGIS Platform – Wednesday, March 8, 5:30-6:00 PM
- Connecting ArcGIS Platform to the Rest of the ArcGIS System – Thursday, March 9th, 10:30-11:00 AM
- Geospatial Deep Learning with ArcGIS – Thursday, March 9, 2:30-3:30 PM
- Data Engineering in ArcGIS: Exploring, Transforming, and Integrating Data – Thursday, March 9, 5:30-6:30 PM
- Working with the ArcGIS REST JS – Thursday, Mar 9, 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM PST
- ArcGIS Velocity: An Introduction – Tuesday, March 7, 4:00-5:00 PM
- Attribute Rules: A Deep Dive – Tuesday, March 7, 4:00-5:00 PM
- Building and Automating Community Engagement Apps with Hub – Tuesday, March 7, 5:30-6:30 PM
- Find What You Are Looking For: Optimizing Search and Filtering in Apps – Wednesday, March 8, 10:30-11:00 AM
- Indoor GIS: Using ArcGIS Maps SDKs for Native Applications to Build Indoor Mapping Apps – Wednesday, March 8, 5:30-6:00 PM
- Creating Geoprocessing Tools – Thursday, March 9, 1:00-2:00 PM
- ArcGIS Velocity: Stateful Real-Time Analytics with Arcade – Thursday, March 9, 3:15-3:45 PM
- ArcGIS Pro: Level Up with Python – Friday, March 10, 10:00-11:00 AM
Want to set-up a meeting with our team to discuss solutions for your organization? Contact us at email@example.com or call 1-844-GEO-JOBE to discuss how we can help!