The Esri User Conference (UC) is an annual event held in July bringing together members of the Esri User community from across the globe. This is a great opportunity to stay up to date on new technology, learn what’s next, and discover best practices. There will be a mixture of live sessions as well as pre-recorded on demand sessions for you to choose from.
With this year’s UC being completely virtual, Esri has designed the event to give users and students an interactive experience with Esri and the wider user community. For information on registration, visit the UC registration page. This year there are three registration options:
- All Access: If you are current on your maintenance plan or subscription (including personal use licenses, distributors, and partners) then you will get full access to the UC for free this year.
- Student Access: If you are a current student or 2020 graduate, you will get access to all the conference sessions including the plenary, technical workshops, and special interest presentations for free. The only thing excluded is access to the Expo and Esri showcase, as they require you to be an Esri Customer.
- Plenary Session Access Only: Like in past years, the plenary session will be free to attend. The Plenary is a must-see and we recommend signing up if you are not attending under the other registration categories.
The UC Plenary is typically the session that kicks off the conference. Jack Dangermond and Esri team members will walk through the latest and greatest of Esri technology, showcase case studies, and give insight on what’s next. This year’s User Conference will include plenary sessions spread out into three sections, each with a different focus.
- Part 1: Interconnecting Our World – Monday, July 13 | 10 am-12 pm PDT
- Part 2: ArcGIS Technology and Applications – Tuesday, July 14 | 10 am-11 am PDT
- Part 3: Making Geographic Knowledge Pervasive – Wednesday, July 15 | 10 am-11a m PDT
Part 3 of the Plenary sessions, Making Geographic Knowledge Pervasive, will feature special guests Dr. Vicki Phillips and Jeffery Sachs. From the session description:
Dr. Vicki Phillips, Executive Vice President and Chief Education Officer for the National Geographic Society, will join Jack Dangermond to discuss the many ways geography and spatial thinking play a vital role in multidisciplinary education. Learn how Esri and the National Geographic Society are partnering to develop spatial solution seekers.
Jeffrey Sachs, a world-renowned economist, professor, and author, will share his vision on how the monitoring and analysis of data will help us achieve the global Sustainable Development Goals. He will challenge us to engage deeper with information to interconnect society for a more sustainable future.
Recommended Live Sessions
With dozens of live sessions happening over three days (and hundreds more on demand), it can be easy to miss a session you want to see. Reviewing the schedule and planning ahead will help you get to all the sessions you want. Here are some sessions we recommend adding to your schedule.
Want to see future features for ArcGIS Pro or ArcGIS Enterprise? These sessions provide insight into release plans for various products and demos on some new capabilities.
- ArcGIS Pro: Monday, July 13 | 1:40pm-2:40pm PDT
- ArcGIS Online: Tuesday, July 14 | 7:30am-8:30am PDT
- ArcGIS Runtime SDKs: Tuesday, July 14 | 8:40am-9:40am PDT
- ArcGIS Enterprise: Tuesday, July 14 | 1:40pm-2:40pm PDT
- ArcGIS Field Apps: Wednesday, July 15 | 7:30am-8:30am PDT
- Spatial Analysis and Data Science: Wednesday, July 15 | 1:40pm-2:40pm PDT
Q&A with the Product Team
These sessions are a chance to meet the product Development Team Managers and ask them your burning questions about their product.
- ArcGIS Pro: Monday, July 13 | 2:50pm-3:50pm PDT
- ArcGIS Online: Tuesday, July 14 | 8:40am-9:40am PDT
- ArcGIS Enterprise: Tuesday, July 14 | 2:50pm-3:50pm PDT
- ArcGIS Field Apps: Wednesday, July 15 | 8:40am-9:40am PDT
- Spatial Analysis and Data Science: Wednesday, July 15 | 2:50pm-3:50pm PDT
- Introduction to ArcGIS Data Reviewer: Monday, July 13 | 2:50pm-3:50pm PDT
- Migrating from ArcMap: Tuesday, July 14 | 1:40pm-2:40pm PDT
- Layouts and Map Series: Tuesday, July 14 | 2:50pm-3:50pm PDT
- Advanced Map Labeling: Wednesday, July 15 | 7:30am-8:30am PDT
- Tips and Tricks for ModelBuilder: Wednesday, July 15 | 8:40pm-9:40pm PDT
- Overview of Deployment Options: Monday, July 13 | 2:50pm-3:50pm PDT
- Designing Sites and Pages: Tuesday, July 14 | 7:30am-8:30am PDT
- Upgrading to New Versions: Wednesday, July 15 | 7:30am-8:30am PDT
- Administering Your Deployment: Wednesday, July 15 | 8:40am-9:40am PDT
- Getting to Know Branch Versioning: Wednesday, July 15 | 1:40pm-2:40pm PDT
- 3D on the Web with ArcGIS: Tuesday, July 14 | 8:40am-9:40am PDT
- Introduction to ArcGIS Analytics for IoT: Tuesday, July 14 | 8:40am-9:40am PDT
- Using Smart Mapping in the New Map Viewer: Tuesday, July 14 | 1:40pm-2:40pm PDT
- ArcGIS Experience Builder: Wednesday, July 15 | 7:30am-8:30am PDT
- Solving Webmap Challenges: Tuesday, July 14 | 2:50pm-3:50pm PDT
- Building Web Applications in ArcGIS Online: Wednesday, July 15 | 1:40pm-2:40pm PDT
- Assessing and Managing Technical Risk: Monday, July 13 | 2:50pm-3:50pm PDT
- Python Across the ArcGIS Platform: Tuesday, July 14 | 7:30am-8:30am PDT
- Map Wizardry with ArcGIS: Tuesday, July 14 | 1:40pm-2:40pm PDT
- Beyond Configurable Applications and Builders: Tuesday, July 14 | 2:50pm-3:50pm PDT
- Deep Dive into Deep Learning: Wednesday, July 15 | 8:40am-9:40am PDT
- Creating Orthoimages, DTMs and 3D Mesh in ArcGIS: Wednesday, July 15 | 1:40pm-2:40pm PDT
Not to Miss Opportunities
- Esri Services Appointments: This is your chance to connect with Esri experts to get virtual feedback on your maps, apps, and data. They are offering a variety of services including data health checks, workforce development planning, architecture maturity reviews, and technical support customer reviews.
- User Presentations: All User Presentations will be available on-demand this year, giving you the opportunity to browse all the offerings and not worry about missing a session.
- Special Interest Group Meetings: These are communities with a shared interest in advancing a specific area of knowledge, learning, or technology. Thursday, July 16th is full of sessions based on Special Interest Groups (SIGs).
- Postconference Seminars: These sessions are a great way to get hands-on training from Esri’s experts. You can learn about python scripting, utility networks, performance tuning, spatial data science, and so much more.
- Esri Merchandise Store: Looking to add more map themed shirts or books to your collection? Stop by the Esri merchandise store to find Esri branded items and the newest releases from Esri Press.
Stop by Virtual Booth 162
Come visit us at virtual booth 162 to see the team and discuss solutions for your organization!
The GEO Jobe team is looking forward to talking with you about our new application, Backup My Org. This application will help your organization clone and manage identities, create backups, and restore content. Additionally, we’ll be there to answer all your questions about Admin Tools for ArcGIS and Clean My Org, applications that help your ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Online administrators with daily workflows, as well as time management.
Additionally, come by and see GEO Jobe to discuss our custom software development and GIS services. Need something specific built for your ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise, but don’t have the resources to develop it or need your ArcGIS Enterprise hosted in the cloud? GEO Jobe has you covered!