In This Article…
- What is the Mississippi Mapping Competition?
- What should teachers and students do to enter?
- Awards and Important Dates
- Additional details
What is the Mississippi Mapping Competition?
The Mississippi Mapping Competition is the state’s effort into Esri’s ArcGIS Online competition for U.S. high school and middle school students. Through this competition, students from Grades 4-12 can enter an ArcGIS StoryMap that tells a story about the State of Mississippi.
From the entries, a designated school teacher or representative will submit their top five student StoryMaps to the state competition where one student of each school’s five will be entered into the national competition. The National Council for Geographic Education (NCGE) will automatically award $100 to all state awardees.
What should teachers and students do to enter?
Teachers or school representatives looking to register their school must first fill out the form below before the state can accept submissions. After registering, teachers will also receive a collection of digital poster designs that can be printed for spreading the word to students attending their school(s).
Students looking to enter the competition should reach out to their school appointed representative for the mapping competition to receive free software and details. If you as the student do not have a teacher or school representative currently registered for the competition, the link below can be provided for registration.
Awards and Important Dates
- Five winning individuals or teams from the Middle School division will be awarded $100
- Five winning individuals or teams from the High School division will be awarded $100
- When: The competition goes through the Spring 2024 school year.
- Map Submission Deadline Date: April 26, 2024
- State Competition Results: May 10, 2024
- National Competition Results: May 28, 2024
Does your organization require GIS services? Interested in exploring ways your business could leverage GIS? Contact GEO Jobe today at email@example.com for a free consultation! We are eager to support your GIS initiatives!